Friday, January 9, 2009

Who Am I?

This was written in response to a blog I read about defining the SELF. It just came out.

WHO AM I?

I never really know,
for it changes day to day,
based on a sum of,
experience on the way.

Each person that I know,
acquaintance, friend, or foe,
allows me in some way,
to to self actualize and grow.

People just like you,
who think and question too,
allow for my expansion,
as I discover points of view.

Even those who never wonder,
what it's all about,
reinforce my path is sure,
and I need not doubt.

Who am I? I don't know,
and I suspect I never will,
fully understand,
the grace from which I fell.

But this I tell you truly,
for I know it in my heart,
Whatever I am,
I've been it from the start.

I chose this life you see,
before I ever came,
even though I knew this life,
would include much loss and pain.

Through it all I stand tall,
though sometimes I may falter,
I know whats set before me,
is meant to make me stronger.

So I'll take my lumps,
and the accolades as well,
knowing that one day,
I'll meet my future SELF.

On the day we meet,
the one thing I want most,
is to love whose there before me,
regardless of her ghost.

So faced with the prospect,
of tomorrows aches,
I choose not to regret,
but to learn from my mistakes.

I swear to have integrity,
in everything I do,
I'll even do the hard things,
that I don't want to do.

I promise to laugh with joy,
every chance I get,
the feeling in THAT moment,
I never will forget.

I am grateful for each moment,
that molds and shapes ME,
into what one day I'm sure will be,
the me I'm meant to BE.

No comments: